- July, 2011
- July, 2011
- Webinar:Register Now for the July 15th Webinar to Learn More About ElectricIR™
- July, 2011
- Press Release:United Infrared Launches ElectricIR™ – the Electrical Infrared P/PM Module
- June, 2011
- Press Release: United Infrared Announces the Appointment of Dr. Robert Madding as the Technical Director of ElectricIR™
IN THE NEWS
Infrared Predictive Maintenance (P/PM) Explained
Infrared thermography is used to perform P/PM inspections on electrical equipment because excess resistance on electrical apparatus indicates electrical faults such as loose connections, overloaded or imbalanced circuits, faulty breakers, damaged switches, faulty fuses and a wide range of other unwanted electrical conditions.
Before an electrical component burns up, it heats up. Thermography is used to see the excess heat (resistance) so that problems can be found and maintenance personnel can act to correct the problem before the component fails, causing damage to the component, safety hazards and/or production downtime.
WE ARE NATIONAL AND LOCAL
Welcome to ElectricIR™!
ElectricIR™ Infrared Surveys are cost effective. This is a non-destructive technology which causes no disruption of service…no shut down is required!
If you are a facility manager, maintenance manager, building owner…responsible for safety, production and repair at your facility, you cannot afford to be without a regular infrared (IR) thermographic survey of your electrical switchgear, distribution system and mechanical equipment.
The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 70B §11.17.5 suggests that every commercial and industrial building in the United States should have an IR survey at least once a year.
Increasingly, insurance companies are requiring IR surveys of electrical and mechanical systems for their insured. Some companies may even offer discounts if you do.
Avoid costly downtime, lost production, unnecessary repairs, and dangerous catastrophic failures. Take advantage of Electrical Infrared Thermographic Surveys to increase uptime, productivity and profitability.
By far, the most popular and widely used application of infrared thermography is electrical switchgear testing. No other commercial application has achieved the level of interest than that of electrical infrared thermography. Daily, the electrical switchgear in thousands of buildings are checked by our thermographers all over the country. Electrical Infrared is now an integral part of any facility manager's preventative/predictive maintenance (P/PM) program.
Advantages of using ElectricIR™
- Reduce Downtime
- Increase Equipment Life
- Lower Risks
- Comply with Electric Codes
- Lower Repair Costs
- Increase profits
- Save on Insurance
- Prevent Catastrophic Failures
- Save Lives!
What Electrical Distribution Equipment Should Be Checked?
- Utility substations, transformers and feed poles
- Main incoming services, plant main knives
- Capacitor banks
- Main switchboards and disconnects
- Main distribution panels and main disconnects
- Uninterruptible power supplies
- Generator controls and transfer switches
- Main I-Line panels
- Lighting and receptacle panels
- Disconnects and combination starters
- Service disconnects for motors
- Machine control panels